- Geolocarta is bound by the Privacy Act (1988) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
How we collect personal information
Geolocarta collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information directly to us in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise);
- when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case, Geolocarta records information sent to us by your
computer, mobile device or other access device; and
- from third parties such as service providers to Geolocarta, operators of linked websites, applications and
advertising on Geolocarta.
What we collect
- your name, Customer ID’s and passwords, phone number, mobile telephone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- records and content of communications with Geolocarta or any other person including when using the Website’s Connection services;
- personal information based on your activities on the Website;
- personal information you provide to us through the Website;
- to the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information;
- personal information from your interaction with the Software and Website including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
- Information is not associated with you personally unless you have registered an Account with the Website.
How personal information is used
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with access to and use of the Website in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
- operate the Website, our Software and provide customer support and billing services (including updates and improvements);
- provide the services requested by you;
- research, develop and improve our services;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with our services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Website;
- verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- contact you at your contact details we have collected, by way of voice call, post, text message or email;
- aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
- collect fees, resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- notify you about the Website and updates to the Software and/or Website from time to time; or
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences, and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and promotions based on your ad customisation preferences.
- You may opt out of receiving our marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications by communicating this to us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we disclose to third parties
You agree that we may disclose your personal information to:
- comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- respond to or resolve claims that a Customer has violated the rights of others;
- protect a person’s rights, property or safety;
- Geolocarta directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
- outsourced service providers who assist Geolocarta to provide its services such as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Website operations);
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
- Cookies may be used to provide you with our range of services including to identify you as a Customer, remember your preferences, customise and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our promotions, advertising and marketing, analyse your usage of the Website, and for security purposes.
- You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another Customer). Geolocarta is not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
- You are prohibited from engaging in spam, spyware or spoofing type activities, regardless of whether directed towards Geolocarta or other Customers of Geolocarta.
- To report spam, spyware or spoof activities to Geolocarta, email us at email@example.com.
Accessing and amending your personal information
- It is important that you protect your Account and Geolocarta password by using unique letters, numbers and special characters and by not sharing your password with any third party. If you disclose or lose control of your password or your personal information to a third party, you may be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your Account or with this information including legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If you suspect that your password or account has been comprised, you must immediately notify Geolocarta and change your password.
- You can access and amend much of your personal information by logging into your Geolocarta account. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate and up to date. In most cases, we will not amend your personal information on your behalf for the reason that it will be difficult for us to confirm your identity.
Storage and security
- You consent to the transfer, storage and retention of that information onto the servers of our host provider used from time to time by Geolocarta, regardless of the location of those servers.
- Geolocarta has taken steps to protect your personal information. These measures are designed to mitigate, but do not guarantee against, the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
- Subject to clause 16.4, if you request us to do so, we will as soon as reasonably practicable close your Account.
Information Sharing with Social Websites
We may also offer services that allow you to share public aspects of the Website with third party websites such as Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and others social media websites.
firstname.lastname@example.org. If the complaint cannot be resolved, you may Opt Out, close your account or cease use of our services.